International and interstate help, when you need itOctober 1, 2019
Oreon Partners is a proud member of the MSI Global Alliance, one of the world’s leading international associations of independent legal and accounting firms.
It may sound impressive, but why does this membership matter and what does it mean for you? Let’s take a look.
What is MSI?
MSI Global Alliance is an association of over 250 independent law and accountancy firms in more than 100 countries. Members are able to offer advice and support in four primary areas:
- Audit, assurance & advisory
- Tax consulting
- Legal services
- Consulting services
Established for over 25 years, MSI has brought together member firms from around the world that have knowledge and experience in a wide range of disciplines and industries. MSI only recruits and retains high-quality firms, and as of October 2019, Oreon is one of only 16 firms in Australia to have been chosen for membership.
So, what’s in it for clients? How do I benefit?
The clients who benefit most from our MSI membership are businesses looking to expand overseas. Increased globalisation presents all kinds of opportunities for smaller companies, and as a mid-size accounting firm, our MSI membership gives us access to many resources that help you expand into the international arena.
Through MSI, clients have the advantage of working with our local team while also gaining access to trusted legal and accounting professionals worldwide. If you decide to start doing business in the UK or the Asia-Pacific region, for example, these specialists are consulted on an as-needed basis, so you only pay for the services you need and get high-quality, cost-effective support that’s tailored to the needs of your business and to your desired location.
Having these relationships also provides introductions to essential contacts in overseas government and business organisations, allowing clients to get answers and results much more quickly. In short, you have access to professional advisors with the experience, capabilities and resources to support your business activities in other countries.
MSI members can help with global questions on all kinds of business topics including:
- Legal matters in various states and countries
- Tax implications & differences – income tax, CGT, Goods & Services taxes (GST), etc.
- Employment laws
- Payroll & benefits questions
- Dealing with trade unions
How our clients have already benefitted
We’ve been able to access and seek assistance from MSI members in other countries and across Australia for many of our clients. For example:
- We referred an Oreon client to the MSI member law firm in Vietnam for specialist tax advice on expanding their business overseas in Vietnam.
- A primary production client was introduced to an overseas buyer who approached Oreon via the MSI global network, looking to expand and invest in Australia.
- We received specialist training and gained resources in the pharmacy industry thanks to another MSI member firm that is the pre-eminent expert in Australia in the pharmaceutical industry, thereby helping our pharmacy clients.
- We introduced a client to an employment specialist at the local MSI legal firm in Adelaide (Johnson Withers) in order to assist our client with an HR issue.
- We’ve received advice on interstate payroll tax and stamp duty from interstate MSI member firms, assisting our clients with interstate locations.
If you’re looking to expand your business interstate or internationally, our membership in MSI offers outstanding advantages. Contact the experts at Oreon Partners today to learn more.